Department of Qur’an& Related Sciences
Department of Qur’an and Related Sciences is a postgraduate department under the Faculty of Shari’ah and Usuluddeen. The Department offers academic programs that focus on different areas of Qur’anic Sciences including the revelation, compilation, coherence, Qur’anic interpretation and the different perspectives of the divine text. Various postgraduate courses under the department are designed to produce graduates deeply knowledgeable in the Qur’an who have excellent moral integrity, communication skills and are able to produce knowledge-products based on traditional and modern interdisciplinary research methodologies. In order to achieve these goals, whole courses are committed at providing the students with highly specialized curriculum and interdisciplinary method of research capable to relate the Qur’anic Studies with the contemporary world.
- Ulūm al-Qur’an: An Introduction to the Qur’anic Sciences
- Coherence of the Qur’an
- Qur’anic Interpretation: The System, Scholars and Methods
- Qirāʾah al-ʿAshr: Authentic Methods of Qur’anic Recitation
- The Qur’an and Modern Sciences
- Orientalist Approach to the Holy Qur’an
- Qur’anic Legal Theories
- Development of Tafsīr Literature in India.